Curse of the Crimson Throne
The following is a list of the districts of Korvosa and locations found within:
- Castle Korvosa: This ominous black marble structure looms over the rest of the city from its perch atop the Grand Mastaba, an enormous flat-topped pyramid of ancient origin.
- Gray District: The city graveyard and necropolis, it houses the remains of both rich and poor in separate “wards.” The Grand Cathedral of Pharasma is located here.
- East Shore: Located across the Jeggare River from the rest of the city, is home to a handful of noble houses closely tied to the Korvosan military, as well as the struggling Theumanexus College. The Varisian enclave of [[Trail’s End]] sits just beyond East Shore’s walls.
- The Heights: Standing atop Citadel Hill, the Heights District has a commanding view of the rest of the city, which its residents look down on—both figuratively and literally. It is home to the Acadamae, the Reformatorium and surrounds Castle Korvosa.
- Midlands: A central, cosmopolitan district along the west bank of the Jeggare River, it hosts the Gold Market, Citadel Volshyenek, and [[Zellara’s home]].
- North Point: The first section of the mainland settled by the Chelish, it houses many of the city’s oldest non-noble family’s. Korvosa’s seat of municipal power stands in North Point, as does the city’s courthouse and the Bank of Abadar.
- Old Korvosa: The oldest and poorest district, it occupies Endrin Isle to the north of the mainland. It is home to [[Eel’s End]] and the Sticky Mermaid.
- Sewers: Korvosa’s haphazard sewer system is kept clean of filth by a population of otyughs that roam the tunnels below.
- The Shingles: The rooftop city-within-a-city of vermin-infested shacks, lean-tos, and haphazard footpaths inhabited by the some of the poorest and most desperate of Korvosa’s citizenry.
- South Shore: The newest district officially added to the city, South Shore’s population consists mainly of the city’s nouveau riche hoping to escape the cramped conditions elsewhere. A small enclave built specifically as an embassy for Mierani elves stands in the district.